|In preparation for the May 25 rally planned by the Honorable Sacred Knights of Indiana, there will be several temporary downtown street closures.
These preparations also will result in the temporary relocation of the RTA bus hub, as well as changes to RTA bus routes, including The Flyer. For full details on RTA route changes, including maps and timing of re-routes, click here.
The City of Dayton has published a special web page that includes answers to frequently asked questions about the rally, news updates, events planned as alternatives to the rally, and other information. The page is located at www.daytonohio.gov/may25.
Following are the scheduled street closures, provided by the Dayton Police Department:
Beginning approximately 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 23 (closed until Sunday, May 26):
- Main Street between Second and Fourth streets
- Ludlow Street between Second and Third streets
- Third Street between Ludlow and Jefferson streets
- Access to the Leigh Parking Garage will not be available on Friday, May 24 (or Saturday, May 25) due to these closures. The Arts Garage (Second and Ludlow) will offer all-day parking for $5 for anyone displaced from the Leigh Garage on Friday, May 24. No code will be needed – simply pay at the gate Friday morning.
Beginning approximately 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 24 (closed until Sunday, May 26):
- Main Street between First and Second streets (in addition to Thursday closures)
- Ludlow Street between First and Second streets (in addition to Thursday closures)
- Third Street between Wilkinson and Ludlow streets (in addition to Thursday closures)
- Second Street between Wilkinson and Jefferson streets
- The RTA bus hub (Wright Stop Plaza) also will close during this time. A temporary hub will be located near the Main branch of the Dayton Metro Library – on Third Street between St. Clair and Patterson.
Beginning approximately 10:00 a.m. Saturday, May 25 (closed until Sunday, May 26):
- Monument Avenue between Jefferson Street and Patterson Boulevard
- St. Clair Street between Monument Avenue and First Street
- Harries Street (no access to Monument Avenue)
All of these closures are shown on the map below. To open a larger version of this map in a browser, click the map or click here.
The street closures also will result in a few other changes. Please be aware of the following:
- Those parking at the 130 W. Second building can use the alley to exit onto Wilkinson Street. Traffic will be able to travel west only on this alley on Thursday and Friday, and no traffic will be allowed on the alley on Saturday the 25th.
- Link bike share bikes will not be available at the Courthouse Square station or Wright Stop Plaza station beginning Thursday the 23rd (until Sunday the 26th).
- Several downtown businesses and organizations may opt to close during this time. It is suggested to call ahead to confirm a business is open before visiting.
- There will be no lunchtime “The Square Is Where” programming on Courthouse Square on Friday, May 24.
For more information, please call Lieutenant Andrew Gillig at (937) 333-1047 or visit the City of Dayton’s rally web page at www.daytonohio.gov/may25.