EXPLORE DOWNTOWN TO WIN!
The Downtown Adventure is your chance to explore downtown Dayton businesses and sights in a scavenger hunt for the chance to win prizes! This fun event, sponsored by AES Ohio, Key-Ads, and Dayton.com, will be held Saturday, July 10, as part of the 2021 AES Ohio Summer in the City lineup.
Saturday, July 10
– Register your team below to sign up for the Adventure to find hidden clues throughout the city.
– Using the scavenger hunt app Roamli, explore downtown Dayton to find the hidden Adventure clues.
– Using the Roamli app, submit photos of the discovered clues you find.
– Submit as many clues as possible between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Up for Grabs
The teams with the most clues collected will win cash prizes:
– 1st place: $250 cash
– 2nd place: $150 cash
– 3rd place: $100 cash
– ALL TEAMS will be included in a raffle to win one of five prizes of $100 in Downtown Dollars e-gift cards
There is a $10 registration fee per team, but after registration, the team will be reimbursed with one e-gift card of $10 worth of Downtown Dollars, which can be spent at more that 70 downtown businesses. Only one registration required per team.
– A team must consist of at least one participant, but can include as many members as you’d like.
– Only one registration is required per team.
– Each registered team will receive a $10 Downtown Dollars e-gift card, a participation swag bag, and an entry into the raffle. (If a group would like several members to receive their own Downtown Dollars, swag bag, and raffle entry, then each person must register as a separate team.)
– On the day of the Downtown Adventure, each team will check in at the information table.
How Teams submit answers using the Roamli app
– Each registered team will receive information on how to download and use the Roamli app to participate in the Adventure.
– Each team should use ONE phone to submit photo clue answers during the Adventure.
– A week before the event, you will receive the Downtown Adventure “code” that will allow you to access the scavenger hunt in the Roamli app.
– The Downtown Adventure Roamli code will be activated on Saturday, July 10, and reveal the Downtown Adventure challenges.
– Extra codes will be available for any last minute or walk-up registrations.
– The Downtown Adventure will happen on Saturday, July 10, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Each team will need to check in at the information table in the Oregon District between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
– Each team will submit answers using one Roamli app.
– Teams can use multiple phones to look at the Roamli app while searching for clues, but only one phone should be used to submit the team’s photo entries.
– Teams cannot split up to submit photo entries. Only one phone should be used to submit photo entries.
– All Adventure clue entries must be submitted by 5:00 p.m.
Grand prize: The team that completes the most challenges* and receives the highest point value* will win a $250 cash prize.
Second place: $150 cash
Third place: $100 cash
Winners will be announced at 5:30 p.m. on Downtown Adventure day, July 10. Winners do not need to be present to win.
*In the case of a tie, the winner will be drawn amongst the tied teams.
Raffle prizes: All participating teams will be entered into a raffle drawing for the chance to win one of five additional prizes of $100 in Downtown Dollars e-gift cards. Winners do not need to be present to win.
The Dayton Adventure is part of downtown Dayton’s “AES Ohio Summer in the City” events series. Download an AES Ohio Summer in the City events guide on this page, or check out our constantly updated online calendar of downtown events.
If you have questions about the Dayton Adventure or want more information, email Jami Pack, or call her at (937) 224-1518 ext. 227.