DOWNLOAD SOME FUN!
- Downtown Dollars
- Coronavirus – Businesses Open’ Downtown
- Events Calendar
- Festivals & Signature Events
- First Friday
- The Square Is Where
- Summer in the City
- 2020 Virtual Art in the City
- 2020 Virtual Downtown Housing Tour
- Dayton Holiday Festival
- Arts & Culture
- Active Lifestyles
- Shopping & Services
- Accommodations & Meeting Venues
- Self-Guided Tours
While many of our events include guided tours of downtown’s businesses and amenities, we know that sometimes you just want to explore on your own. To help you do that, we’ve put together a few easy, themed tours you can download to your smartphone.
These tours make use of Avenza – a simple app you can install on your phone that lets you see your current location in relation to the tour maps we’ve created. The Avenza Maps® app uses your device’s built-in GPS to locate you even when you are out of range of a network or internet connection. See where you are going without using your data!
We currently have the following maps available on Avenza:
Downtown Public Art Walk
Downtown Brewery & Distillery Crawl
Downtown Cafe Crawl
- After downloading the app, open it and allow Avenza Maps to access your location
- Tap “I’m New” to create an account with your email address and a new password. Log in.
- Note the “My Maps” and “Store” icons at the bottom of the screen – you will mainly use these icons to find and use our maps.
- Tap “Store.”
- Tap the “Find Maps” search bar at the top.
- At the top of the screen, select “List” and in the top search bar, type “downtown Dayton.”
- Tap the map you want to download, then tap the “FREE” button. Tap “Install Now.” Tap “Okay.”
- Now select the “May Maps icon at the bottom of the screen. Once your map downloads, select it to get started! Zoom in to see more detail. Your location appears as a blue dot and will move as you travel. The blue dot will not appear until you are in the map area.