For More Information: Email email@example.com
Support Local Businesses on Small Business Saturday
Nov. 22, 2021, DAYTON, Ohio — Celebrated nationally, Small Business Saturday takes place on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and encourages people to “Shop Small” and bring more holiday shopping to small businesses. The event is also celebrated here in downtown Dayton, and is a great opportunity to get a jump on gift buying while supporting local businesses during what has been a tough time for all of them.
“The pandemic has been difficult on all of us, but especially on the small, independent businesses that are the backbone of our community,” said Sandy Gudorf, president of the Downtown Dayton Partnership. “We encourage everyone to support these small businesses, now, more than ever, and to make them the first choice for holiday shopping on Small Business Saturday and throughout the holiday season. Let’s help them close out 2021 with some great sales, and show them all how important they are to us.”
Make downtown Dayton your destination to shop for great holiday gifts, enjoy local food and drinks, and support small businesses in your community. Shop and dine your way through downtown, and maybe even take a break to watch the OSU-Michigan football game in your pick of downtown pubs. This year, Small Business Saturday falls on November 27, and many downtown Dayton retailers have planned special sales, promotions, and other ways to take part in the annual day of shopping. A list of just some of the special promotions planned is included below. Be sure to contact each business to find out their hours of operations and current COIVD-19 protocols. To find more downtown businesses, use our online directories at DowntownDayton.org.
SOME OF THE SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY PROMOS PLANNED in DOWNTOWN DAYTON
—Art, Dance, Music, and Film—
– Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 118 W. First St, Suite 11: 10% of artwork until 1pm. https://shop.eadgallery.com/
– The Black Box Improv Theatre, 518 E. Third St.: Two hours of Impov Comedy from 8pm-10pm. https://www.daytonblackboximprov.com/
– The Contemporary Dayton, 25 W. Fourth St.: Holiday Gift Gallery, the Holiday exhibition will be on display from Nov. 19 to Dec. 23. https://codayton.org/
—Dining and Drinks—
– Bozacks Cocktail Lounge, 142 E. Third St.: Drink specials all day long!
– Lily’s Bistro, 329 E. Fifth St.: $5 bonus gift card for every $20 gift card purchased! https://www.lilysdayton.com/
– Grist, 46 W. Fifth St.: Pasta, sauce, bread, and dessert for two for $22. http://eatgrist.com/
– Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St.: Bar and kitchen opens at 4pm. https://salarrestaurant.com/
– Top of the Market, 32 Webster St.: Saturday morning breakfast sandwiches! Eggs, bacon, and cheese on a roll for $5.
– Toxic Brew Company, 431 E. Fifth St.: Present a coupon of $20 or more from any downtown small business and get $2 off your Toxic Brew bill (including merch) for every $10 you spend. https://toxicbrewcompany.com/
– Two Social, 123 E. Third St.: Ohio State vs. Michigan watch party! $3 Two Social Lager drafts and Truly seltzers. https://www.2socialdayton.com/
– Zen Lounge, 121 N. Ludlow St.: All day Happy Hour ($2.50 domestic beers and $3.00 well cocktails & schnapps), and 10% off all in-store sushi orders.
—Shopping and Activities–
– A+ Cleaners, 105 E. Second St.: Dry cleaning, laundry and specialty services that are guaranteed to satisfy! https://www.drycleandayton.com/
– 2nd Street Market, 600 E. Second St.: Visit the Market and meet all of our Small Business Owners!
– 5 Star Beauty Salon, 118 W. First St.: Hair care for sale! Come one, come all to get your hair styled and maintained.
– Beaunique Boutique, 29 W. First St.: The entire store is buy one get the other 50% off. Also, each customer that purchases an item will be entered into the beauty bowl giveaway to win a free outfit!
– Dayton Church Supply Inc., 136 E. Third St: 20% off all retail advent wreaths, advent candles, and advent calendars! https://www.daytonchurchsupply.com/
– Denise Danielle Photography LLC, 120 W. Second St., Suite 810: Christmas Minis
are $150 for 10 images – indoor and outdoor sessions. https://www.denisedaniellephotography.com/
– éclat Facial Studio, 210 Wayne Ave.: Celebrate the season with our Pumpkin & Fig Illuminating Facial! https://www.eclatfacialstudio.com/
– Grace Lane Boutique, 133 E. Fourth St.: Sale and complimentary local coffee bar. https://www.gracelaneboutique.com/
– Hall’s Jewelers, 110 N. Main St.: Special event pricing is 40% off regular prices on in-stock Gold & Silver Jewelry, and 25% off Citizen Eco Drive Watches. Also receive free gift wrap!
– Heart Mercantile, 438 E. Fifth St.: A variety of gifts, handmade goods and one of a kind items made both local and abroad! https://heartmercantile.com/
– Picture Perfect Paint Parties, 123 N. Ludlow St.: Specials on gourmet gift baskets & take home paint party kits. https://www.pictureperfectpaintparties.com/
– Skeleton Dust Records, 133 E. Third St.: Guest vendors Pink Moon Goods and I Heart Ice Cream will be set up for the day. https://www.skeletondustrecords.com/
– Space Three, 39 S. St. Clair St.: 30% off class passes & memberships. https://www.spacethreedayton.com/
– Spice Paradise, 1001 E. Second St.: Specials on Holiday Spices! https://www.spiceparadisedayton.com/
– Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St.: Buy one item at regular price, get the second item 50% off. https://www.vidiascloset.com/
—OSU-UM football game—
Cheer on your favorite team to victory while enjoying food and drinks at these downtown pubs and eateries that will be broadcasting the game:
– Zen Lounge, 121 N. Ludlow St.
– Two Social, 123 E. Third St.
– Local Cantina, 503 E. First St.
– Brixx Ice Company, 500 E. First St.
– Lucky’s Taproom & Eatery, 520 E. Fifth St.
– Blind Bob’s, 430 E. 5th St.
– Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave.
– Oregon Express, 336 E. 5th St.
– Tumbleweed Connection, 454 E. 5th St.
– Troll Pub, 216 Wayne Ave.
Another great way to support local businesses this holiday season is to purchase Downtown Dollars, an e-gift card accepted at more than 80 downtown businesses. For more info on Downtown Dollars, visit DowntownDayton.org/dollars.
Share this Post