For More Information: Call (937) 224-1518 or e-mail email@example.com
September 2 First Friday: Long Weekend Edition
August 26, 2022, DAYTON, Ohio – Kids are headed back to school and the AES Ohio Summer in the City is winding down, but the fun isn’t finished just yet! The long Labor Day weekend is almost here and there’s no better way to celebrate than with a visit to your favorite downtown businesses! Send off the summer season with shopping and special deals at your favorite boutiques, new exhibits at downtown’s signature galleries, and happy hour celebrations happening at downtown patios and restaurants.
There are plenty of ways to explore all that’s happening this First Friday. Use RTA’s free route, The Flyer, to get to and from your favorite places. To find a map with the route and pick-up locations, visit www.iRideRTA.org/TheFlyer. You can also grab a Link Bike for the short trip between First Friday destinations. Just rent a bike from one of the more than 200 bikes at stations around downtown to make your trip quick and easy. Don’t forget to check out ArtWraps along the way! These 15 designs were created by local artists with the goal of brightening and enlivening downtown streets by transforming metal utility boxes into works of art. Check out a map of this year’s designs so you can see each one in person.
Check out the individual First Friday listings below, and remember the most up-to-date event listings can be found in the online calendar published on the Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website. Subscribing to the weekly e-vents email newsletter also keeps one up to speed. For more information about First Friday, or to find business addresses, parking, upcoming activities and more, visit the DDP website at DowntownDayton.org. Invite friends and family to partake in First Friday fun! “Like” and share the First Friday Facebook page.
ART, DANCE, MUSIC, AND FILM
- The Black Box Improv, 518 E. Third St.: Take in comedy from local improv group Low Hanging Fruit followed by a special show. For tickets and other information, visit DaytonBlackBoxImprov.com
- The Contemporary Dayton, 25 W. Fourth St.: WAKING UP: Biennial Member & Student Invitational is open for extended hours until 8 p.m. on First Friday. This is the final weekend to see the collection!
- Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North: Visit the latest special exhibitions, “Van Gogh & European Landscapes,” “The Flower Prints of Katsuhira Tokushi,” “Art for the Ages: Conservation at DAI,” and “Paul Laurence Dunbar (1872-1906): A Tribute.” Open until 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: The Dayton Society of Artists welcomes you to “Eyewitness.” This gallery exhibition, presented by the Dayton Society of Artists and Tripod Camera Club, seeks to explore a difficult past as well as the transition to a hopeful future for the Miami Valley. Open 6-9 p.m. on First Friday.
- Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822: Live music at the Dublin Pub! Stop by for a pint and listen to live music for Irish First Fridays. Happy Hour from 3-6pm; music by Paul Cullen starting at 8 pm.
- Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 222 N. St. Clair St.: Enjoy art, live music, and refreshments at the brand new exhibit, “We’re Doing It ALL Wrong®.”
- Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Support local artists and artisans by shopping locally during the Art Hop at Front Street! Entertainment includes Flashback BAND live, the opening of “Chasing Urban Shadows” featuring Linda Hart, artwork, home decor, jewelry, fashion, and more from over 250 local artists and artisans, food from the Rolling Oasis and JSG family catering LLC.
- Levitt Pavilion, 134 S. Main St.: One of the leading Arabic entertainers in the U.S., Zak Baalbaki & Band play a FREE concert on the Levitt Dayton Lawn!
- Moeller Brew Barn, 116 E. First St.: Enjoy live music in the Beer Garden from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. with Matthew Bruce!
- The Neon movie theater, 130 E. Fifth St.: See “The Good Boss” on First Friday! See the full schedule online: neonmovies.com. Also enjoy beer and cocktail specials during First Friday, and you can purchase a DORA drink at the Neon to walk around downtown Dayton’ Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area before or after the show.
- Varsity House, 31 S. St. Clair St.: Moods, rhythm, and flavor collide at the Varsity House of Blues. 100% live R&B and 100% local cuisine. With special guest, Ceeofdreams.
DINING AND DRINKS
- Corner Kitchen, 613 E. Fifth St.: $3 DORA draft beers with live music on the patio!
- Local Cantina, 501 E. First St: For First Friday specials you’ll find $5 Mustache Ride Margaritas and $3 Draft pints from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St., (937) 895-4066: Join us to kick of First Friday for Happiness Hours, from 4-6 p.m. with $2 off glasses of wine, a $6 cocktail feature, $2 off draft beers and ½ off of shareables.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Every First Friday join us for Happy Hour deals from 5 to 8 p.m. Stop in for some of the best pizza in Dayton. Dine in, carryout and curbside pickup available.
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: Kick off your First Friday with happy hour at Salar from 4-6 p.m. with cocktail specials, $5 house wine pours, $1 off of all beers, and bar bites specials. Enjoy dinner, too, available for dine in or carryout.
- Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $3.33 wine pairings with any entree.
- Third Perk Coffeehouse and Wine Bar, 146 E. Third St.: Friday nights are Cigars, Cocktails and The Patio at Third Perk from 7 p.m. to midnight. Enjoy your favorite coffee drinks, or specialty cocktails with our full service bar. Saturday nights are Reggae Night from 8 p.m. to midnight.
- Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave.: Every Friday at the Troll Pub is part of W.T.F Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 4-7 p.m. featuring 1/2 Priced Pints & 1/2 priced apps, $4 Fireball Shots & $4 Wheatly Vodka specials.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Half-off Happy Hour!
SPECIAL SHOPPING DEALS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Choice Juice Boxx, 31 S. St. Clair St.: Spend $50 at Varsity House to receive 10% off from your Choice Juice Boxx purchase on First Friday.
- Pedal Wagon Dayton: Hop around to some of Dayton’s best breweries on the Brewery Cruise! Seats are $32 for adults 21+ or rent a private ride for up to 15 people for $459! com/dayton/brewery-cruise/
- Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St.: When you shop this women’s clothing boutique in the St. Clair Lofts on First Friday, you can take 20% off your entire purchase!
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map and much more.
Share this Post