For More Information: Call (937) 224-1518 or e-mail email@example.com
November 4 First Friday: Dayton Holiday Festival Countdown Edition
October 25, 2022, DAYTON, Ohio – The holiday season is the perfect time to reflect on the people, places, and things you love most. Amazing food, a bike-friendly community, independently owned businesses , beautiful parks – these are just a few of our favorite things about downtown Dayton and you can celebrate them all during November’s First Friday on Friday, November 4, from 5 to 10 p.m.!
As we gear up for November First Friday and the 50th anniversary of the Dayton Holiday Festival, we’re making a list (and checking it twice!) of our 50 favorite things about downtown Dayton! Stay up to date with our list by following @DowntownDayton on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter starting on Tuesday, November 1. Find more to add to your list of favorite things by checking out the various art, dining, entertainment, and shopping options in downtown Dayton for the November 4 First Friday.
The fun doesn’t stop there! Join us again at the end of the month for the 50th Dayton Holiday Festival on November 25 from 4 to 9 p.m. on Courthouse Square. The countdown is on for this family-friendly holiday spectacular! With live reindeer, light shows, crafts, games, live entertainment, and more, this year’s festivities will definitely make your list! See everything we already have planned for this year’s big event at downtowndayton.org/things-to-do/holiday-festival/
Check out the individual First Friday listings below, and remember the most up-to-date event listings can be found in the online calendar published on the Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website. Subscribing to the weekly e-vents email newsletter also keeps one up to speed. For more information about First Friday, or to find business addresses, parking, upcoming activities and more, visit the DDP website at DowntownDayton.org. Invite friends and family to partake in First Friday fun! “Like” and share the First Friday Facebook page.
ART, DANCE, MUSIC, AND FILM
- The Black Box Improv, 518 E. Third St.: Take in comedy from local improv group Low Hanging Fruit followed by a special show. For tickets and other information, visit DaytonBlackBoxImprov.com
- The Contemporary Dayton, 25 W. Fourth St.: An in-person Artist Talk with Dayton-based artist Amy Lynn Powell and photographer Stacy Kranitz. Powell will be discussing her latest exhibition Only let people who love you photograph you. On view now through Dec. 24th. This event is free and open to all. Streaming live on Facebook and our website https://codayton.org/amy-powell/
- Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North: Visit the latest special exhibitions “American Myth & Memory: David Levinthal Photographs.” Open until 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: The Dayton Society of Artists welcomes you to the opening of “Small but Mighty” from 6 to 9 p.m. on First Friday.
- Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822: Live music at the Dublin Pub! Stop by for a pint and listen to live music for Irish First Fridays. Happy Hour from 3-6 p.m.; music by Paul Cullen starting at 8 p.m.
- Dayton Theatre Guild, 430 Wayne Ave.: Broadway Bound is one of Neil Simon’s highly acclaimed autobiographical plays and was a 1987 Pulitzer Prize finalist in Drama. Individual tickets on sale now at org
- Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 222 N. St. Clair St.: The gallery has extended hours to conveniently be part of your First Friday Art Hop. See artwork from the Dayton area, around the U.S., and around the world. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Enjoy an evening of live music, food trucks, studio and gallery hopping, shopping, and more! It is always free to attend and park at our art hops. We are a family and pet friendly community. With artwork and handmade goods from more than 250 artists, you’re going to want to get here early!
- The Human Race Theatre Company, The Loft Theatre, 126 N. Main St.: DEADLINE – a world premiere comedy thriller. A little bit CLUE, a little bit KNIVES OUT, a LOT of fun! More info and tickets at org/shows/deadline
- The Neon movie theater, 130 E. Fifth St.: See “Armageddon Time” on First Friday! See the full schedule online: neonmovies.com. Also enjoy beer and cocktail specials during First Friday, and you can purchase a DORA drink at the Neon to walk around downtown Dayton’ Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area before or after the show.
- Omega Music, 318 E. Fifth St.: Join us for a Q&A with Matthew Klickstein about his new book “See You At San Diego” from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Matthew Klickstein is a prominent pop culture historian living in Dayton.
DINING AND DRINKS
- Local Cantina, 501 E. First St: Happy Hour is from 3 to 6 p.m. with $6 Mustache Rides & Same Same Margaritas along with $4 drafts!
- Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St., (937) 895-4066: Join us to kick of First Friday for Happiness Hours, from 4-6 p.m. with $2 off glasses of wine, a $6 cocktail feature, $2 off draft beers and ½ off of shareables.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Every First Friday join us for Happy Hour deals from 5 to 8 p.m. Stop in for some of the best pizza in Dayton. Dine in, carryout and curbside pickup available.
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: Kick off your First Friday with happy hour at Salar from 4-6 p.m. with cocktail specials, $5 house wine pours, $1 off of all beers, and bar bites specials. Enjoy dinner, too, available for dine in or carryout.
- Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $3.33 wine pairings with any entree.
- Third Perk Coffeehouse and Wine Bar, 146 E. Third St.: Friday nights are Cigars, Cocktails and The Patio at Third Perk from 7 p.m. to midnight. Enjoy your favorite coffee drinks, or specialty cocktails with our full service bar. Saturday nights are Reggae Night from 8 p.m. to midnight.
- Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave.: Every Friday at the Troll Pub is part of W.T.F Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 4-7 p.m. featuring 1/2 Priced Pints & 1/2 priced apps, $4 Fireball Shots & $4 Wheatly Vodka specials.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Half-off Happy Hour!
- Two Social, 123 E. Third St.: New menu launch, every first Friday! Try all 6 drinks on the new menu and get a free shirt! You have all month to collect all 6 drinks on the punch card.
SPECIAL SHOPPING DEALS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- AcadeCon at the Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St.: Join AcadeCon for their 10th annual gaming convention! Explore new tabletop games and play with friends both old and new! Tickets available now at events/conventions/acadecon-2022
- Choice Juice Boxx, 31 S. St. Clair St.: Spend $50 at Varsity House to receive 10% off from your Choice Juice Boxx purchase.
- Golden Hour Piercings, 411 E. Fifth St.: Stop by to make an appointment and to check out goodies from @blazindayton and @sadassco who will be vending outside of the studio!
- Pedal Wagon Dayton: Hop around to some of Dayton’s best breweries on the Brewery Cruise! Seats are $32 for adults 21+ or rent a private ride for up to 15 people for $459! com/dayton/brewery-cruise/
- Sole Touchers, 37 S. St. Clair St.: Mention First Friday to receive 25% off all shoes in store!
- Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St.: When you shop this women’s clothing boutique in the St. Clair Lofts on First Friday, you can take 20% off your entire purchase!
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map and much more.
Share this Post