For More Information: 937-224-1518 or email@example.com
March 2 First Friday: New Beginnings Edition
February 22, 2018, DAYTON, Ohio — Downtown Dayton continues to grow, and March’s First Friday will showcase not one but two new businesses celebrating their grand openings. Speakeasy Yoga recently opened its second location at the Wheelhouse Lofts. Anyone new to yoga or would like a tour of the new space is encouraged to stop by the open house event from 7-9 p.m. There will be live music and refreshments to enjoy while exploring the space. On the other end of the Oregon District, the newest eatery and carry-out purveyor at District Provisions will be unveiled! The artisan food and drink “mini mall” includes Crafted & Cured, Glasz Bleu Oven, and Jack Lukey’s Oyster Saloon and Caviar Bar. The new Latin-inspired business also will focus on take-out options with some dine-in opportunities, as well. Learn more about all the latest purveyors at this open house-style event from 5-9 p.m.
Elsewhere downtown, visitors will find new art gallery exhibits, local music, and live entertainment, like the famous comic opera “Barber of Seville,” performed by the Dayton Opera. With more than $1.55 billion invested in downtown Dayton, there’s bound to be something completely new to experience. Take a chance and try something different!
For more information about the March 2 First Friday, or to find business addresses, parking, upcoming activities and more, visit the DDP website at downtowndayton.org. Invite friends and family to partake in First Friday fun! “Like” and share the First Friday Facebook page or the event page.
• Clash Dayton, 521 E. Fifth St.: Twelve local artists are representing a different zodiac sign by way of a vintage box at Clash’s Zodiac Art Show! All boxes will go on sale at 5 p.m. There will also be other zodiac themed art for sale as well as other merchandise.
• Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: Join the Dayton Society of Arts for the opening Reception of PRESS, the 13th annual printmaking exhibition. PRESS features 24 artists with work ranging in various print media and subject. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call 937-228-4532 for more information.
• Dayton Visual Arts Center, 118 N. Jefferson St.: Stratum: New Work by Amy Kollar Anderson & Kate Huser Santucci will be on display at DVAC for First Friday. Check out this series of layered collaborations in acrylic, wood and beeswax by two Dayton-based artists. The artists will be in the gallery to discuss their creative process behind the show from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 12 S. Ludlow St.: Enjoy local and international artists on display, including Kateryll Shazneigh Maneja (Philippines), Marilynn Page (Dayton), and Julio Pino Varens (Cuba). Call 985-2115.
• The Front Street Building Co., 1001 E. Second St.: It’s time for another First Friday at Front Street! This event features over two dozen art studios and artists all in one location, including painters, sculptors, glass makers, and jewelry makers.
• K12 Gallery & TEJAS, 341 S. Jefferson St.: The Miami Valley Regional Scholastic Art Awards Exhibition is on display for its final night at K12 Gallery & TEJAS. The exhibition features award winning artwork selected from over 1,400 submissions from students in grades 7-12 residing in the Miami Valley. Student reception and awards ceremony will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Wells & Co. Custom Tattoo, 110 E. Third St.: Wells & Co will host a First Friday Art Show featuring the work of Fe Meier and friends from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Pieces of Fe’s work will be on display and items created by local artists will be available for purchase.
• Blind Bob’s, 430 E. Fifth St.: Merciless Reign take to the stage! Well Of Night, Flesh Warfare, and ZUEL will also perform. Take $1 off well drinks during happy hour from 4-8 p.m. Call 938-6405.
• Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave.: Celebrate Irish First Friday at the Dublin Pub with a Miami Valley Pipes & Drums performance at 7 p.m. and the Rice Brothers at 8 p.m. Call 224-7822.
• Hannah’s, 121 N. Ludlow St.: This First Friday, Hannah’s will host the Musician’s Co-Op with Mick Montgomery. Starting at 7 p.m., hear from some of Dayton’s finest singers and songwriters and enjoy Hannah’s signature drinks and sandwiches. Call 640-1335.
• Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St.: The Linda Prevo Band performs every First Friday at Oregon Express.
• The Stage Door, 44 N. Jefferson St.: Sing your heart out at Friday Night Karaoke with DJ Alvarez! Karaoke and dance music requests starting at 10 p.m. Video games, pool, keno, lottery, and darts on tap, as well. Call 223-7418.
• Third Perk Coffeehouse and Wine Bar, 46 W. Fifth St.: Listen to great music from the Midwest area at Third Perk’s Coffeehouse Music Series. There is a $5 admission and all proceeds go to the artist each week. Call 223-7375 for more information.
• Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St.: Cherry Lee and the Hotrod Hounds and Golden Guy and the Bucking Bloviators will perform at the Trolley Stop.
• The Black Box Improv Theater, 518 E. Third St.: Womit 2.0 takes the stage every Friday night from 8 to 9 p.m. The show format may change but the performers do not! They may interview an audience member, discuss personal stories, or simply take a one-word suggestion to create an hour of fun. BYOB. Call for ticket prices and availability: 369-0747.
• Dayton Chess Club, 18 W. Fifth St.: Dayton Chess Club hosts a quick tournament for U.S. Chess Federation members. Games are perfect for club chess players and those experienced with online chess games who would like to test their skill over the board. The club opens at 6:30 p.m. and registration ends at 7:25 p.m. The first of four games begins at 7:30. Visit daytonchessclub.com for more details. Call 461-6283.
• Drakes Downtown Gym, 111 E. Fifth St.: Head over to Drake’s Downtown gym for First Friday Night Fights! Check out some of Dayton’s up and coming fighters. Event is BYOB and admission is $5 at the door. Call 223-6193.
• Schuster Center, 1 W. Second St.: The Dayton Opera presents comic opera The Barber of Seville. For tickets, visit ticketcenterstage.com
• Skeleton Dust Records, 133 E. Third St.: Skeleton Dust Records will host an art opening for Tony Hoogsteden from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Speakeasy Yoga, 204 Wayne Ave.: Speakeasy Yoga – Wayne Location is ready for Dayton! Celebrate the expansion of Speakeasy in Downtown Dayton with a First Friday Open House. They will be open from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. with live music from BJSR, snacks to share, and some bubbly to toast the grand occasion.
• The Neon, 130 E. Fifth St.: Downtown’s independent movie house offers foreign and indie films, as well as mainstream movies and documentaries. Enjoy locally roasted Boston Stoker coffee, or a selection of craft beer, wine, and mixed drinks during the show. Call for current lineup and show times: 222-SHOW (7469).
Food and Drink
• The Barrel House, 417 E. Third St.: It is time for another First Friday with the Drunken Waffle at the Barrel House! The food truck will be out from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Come hungry and thirsty!
• Basil’s on Market, 312 N. Patterson Blvd.: Every Friday starting at 4 p.m., Basil’s will offer all-you-can-eat crab legs and sides for $30 a person. Call 818-4390.
• Blind Bob’s, 430 E. Fifth St.: Featuring happy hour from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., $1 off well drinks. Check the boards for the special menu item of the day.
• District Provisions, 521 Wayne Ave.: Celebrate the opening of the newest eatery and carry-out purveyor! There will also be specials to welcome newly opened Glasz Bleu Oven and Jack Lukey’s Oyster Saloon and Caviar Bar. Call
• Deaf Monty’s Wine, 22 Brown St.: Enjoy $2-$3 tastings of select wines. Small plates available for purchase. Call 225-9463.
• Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St.: Enjoy $5 “Trolley hour” food specials from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map and much more. Download the Find It Downtown mobile search tool for smartphones at http://mobile.downtowndayton.org.
# # #
Share this Post