For More Information: Call (937) 224-1518 or e-mail email@example.com
July 1 First Friday: Independents’ Day Edition
June 22, 2022, DAYTON, Ohio – Independence Day is right around the corner, and we’re celebrating the independent and unique businesses that call downtown Dayton home! Celebrate the new season and the summer months downtown from 5 to 9 p.m. on First Friday, July 1.
Enjoy the nice weather on your favorite downtown patio, grab dinner from one of downtown’s great restaurants, and pick up a DORA drink while you explore some of the unique, locally-owned shops. Be sure to catch some of the live entertainers stationed on downtown streets and in downtown businesses!
Check out the individual First Friday listings below, and remember the most up-to-date event listings can be found in the online calendar published on the Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website. Subscribing to the weekly e-vents email newsletter also keeps one up to speed. For more information about First Friday, or to find business addresses, parking, upcoming activities and more, visit the DDP website at DowntownDayton.org. Invite friends and family to partake in First Friday fun! “Like” and share the First Friday Facebook page.
ART, DANCE, MUSIC, AND FILM
- The Black Box Improv, 518 E. Third St.: Take in comedy from local improv group Low Hanging Fruit followed by a special show. For tickets and other information, visit DaytonBlackBoxImprov.com
- The Contemporary Dayton, 25 W. 4th: The Co will be open and offering light refreshments until 8 p.m. This event is free and open to all!
- Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North: Visit the latest special exhibitions, “Fired Imagination: Ancient Chinese Ceramics from the Nancy and Ed Rosenthal Family Collection,” “Van Gogh & European Landscapes,” and “The Flower Prints of Katsuhira Tokushi.” Open until 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: The Dayton Society of Artists welcomes you to the opening of the Fall Membership Show at 6 p.m.
- Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822: Live music at the Dublin Pub! Stop by for a pint and listen to live music for Irish First Fridays. Happy Hour from 3-6 p.m. with music starting at 8 p.m. Seating inside and on the extended patio.
- The Neon movie theater, 130 E. Fifth St.: See the full schedule online: neonmovies.com. Also enjoy beer and cocktail specials during First Friday, and you can purchase a DORA drink at the Neon to walk around downtown Dayton’ Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area before or after the show.
- PNC Arts Annex, 46 W. Second Street: Broken English: 101 is a storytelling platform where education and entertainment coexist! Doors open at 7 p.m., show begins at 8 p.m. Get your tickets now at org/events/broken-english-dayton-5/
- Toxic Brew Co., 431 E. Fifth St.: Enjoy the opening of July’s group art show highlighting local musicians and bands. Free admission during normal business hours.
DINING AND DRINKS
- Local Cantina, 501 E. First St: For First Friday specials you’ll find $5 Mustache Ride Margaritas and $3 Draft pints from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St., (937) 895-4066: Join us to kick of First Friday for Happiness Hours, from 4-6 p.m. with $2 off glasses of wine, a $6 cocktail feature, $2 off draft beers and ½ off of shareables.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Every First Friday join us for Happy Hour deals from 5 to 8 p.m. Stop in for some of the best pizza in Dayton. Dine in, carryout and curbside pickup available.
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: Kick off your First Friday with happy hour at Salar from 4-6 p.m. with cocktail specials, $5 house wine pours, $1 off of all beers, and bar bites specials. Enjoy dinner, too, available for dine in or carryout.
- Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $3.33 wine pairings with any entree.
- Third Perk Coffeehouse and Wine Bar, 146 E. Third St.: Friday nights are Cigars, Cocktails and The Patio at Third Perk from 7 p.m. to midnight. Enjoy your favorite coffee drinks, or specialty cocktails with our full service bar. Saturday nights are Reggae Night from 8 p.m. to midnight.
- Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave.: Every Friday at the Troll Pub is part of W.T.F Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 4-7 p.m. featuring 1/2 Priced Pints & 1/2 priced apps, $4 Fireball Shots & $4 Wheatly Vodka specials.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Half-Off Happy Hour!
SPECIAL SHOPPING DEALS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Pedal Wagon Dayton: Pedal your way through Dayton’s booming craft beer scene aboard the two-hour Brewery Cruise. $32 per adult rider or book a private ride for $459. Visit com/dayton/brewery-cruise/ for booking and more information.
- Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St.: When you shop this women’s clothing boutique in the St. Clair Lofts on First Friday, you can take 20% off your entire purchase!
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map and much more.
Share this Post