For More Information: Email Marketing Manager, Allison Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
February 5 First Friday: Show Your Love Edition
Feb. 2, 2020, DAYTON, Ohio — The beginning of February marks the countdown to Valentine’s Day – and this First Friday will be a preview of the gift shopping, delicious meals and drinks, and creative local date ideas you can find at the independent, small businesses of downtown Dayton. First Friday is your connection to local shopping, art, dining, and entertainment options taking place at downtown Dayton retailers, restaurants, galleries, and pubs on Friday, Feb. 5, beginning at 5 p.m. Details are listed below and can be found on the First Friday Facebook page event here.
You can also make your February First Friday an evening of completing challenges for the Downtown Dayton Winter Bingo game, and turn in your challenges for the chance to win one of five $100 Downtown Dayton grand prize packs.
The health and safety of staff and patrons continues to be the top priority for downtown businesses, and with current advisories, businesses continue to follow socially-distanced protocols and expand their “from afar” options.
We remind guests of the mandatory mask order in place across Dayton and the state. Masks must be worn indoors, and outdoors when the suggested 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. Many small businesses also have capacity limits on the number of guests allowed indoors at one time.
For an entire listing of ways you can support the local, small businesses that make up the heart of downtown Dayton, including downtown Dayton dining options — with expanded patio and indoor social-distanced seating — retail hours and operations, and things to do in downtown Dayton, visit the DDP’s OPEN* webpage at www.downtowndayton.org/open.
Art, Dance, Music and Film
- The Contemporary Dayton, 120 N. Jefferson St.: The Contemporary Dayton has continued its annual Holiday CoShare – for all your Valentine’s shopping needs! A virtual holiday shop with 100% of the proceeds benefiting Artist Members. Go here to shop.
- Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N.: Under the current stay-at-home advisory, the museum and all exhibits are currently closed. But you can shop for Valentine’s gifts at the online museum store, with proceeds going back to the Dayton Art Institute. Shop here.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St Dayton, OH 45403: The Dayton Society of Artists is pleased to present its annual show, LITHO-LINO-MONO-MORE for the 16th year of this juried printmaking exhibition. Starting Friday, February 5, and running through Feb. 27. You can view the show online starting Friday at org/llmm2021 or click here to book an Appointment to see the latest DSA Gallery Exhibition or calling 937-228-4532.
- Edward A. Dixon Gallery, lobby of 131 N. Ludlow St.: In their new location within the lobby of the Talbott Tower at 131 N. Ludlow St., find a collection of curated art for Black History Month from gallerist Edward A. Dixon. The gallery will be open by appointment. Call the gallery at (937) 985-2115 or shop the gallery online at: http://shop.eadgallery.com/
- First Friday at Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Enjoy an evening rich in art, entertainment, and community. Front Street artists, curators, and craftsmen invite you to visit us every 1st Friday of the month for an insider’s view of working studios, new exhibition openings, live music, and dinner with local food trucks. Tour woodshops, sew shops, glass, ceramic, and painters studios, plus so much more. Explore where our makers get messy. Catch live demos and experience “how it’s made.” More details can be found at frontstreet.art and here. SPECIAL GUESTS: Dinner and Dessert from The Rolling Oasis. We kindly ask that you bring your mask and observe social distancing during your visit at Front Street. Our large complex allows for guests to safely move throughout our facility. Hand sanitizer and masks are available throughout the complex.
- Made Ceramic Art Studio at Front Street, studio 2100 at 1001 E. Second St.: Sign up for a Spin It Workshop and shop our ceramic goods at our Front Street Art Gallery Studio 2100!
- The Neon movie theater, 130 E. Fifth St.: Click here for the latest offerings from downtown Dayton’s independent, art theater, featuring in-person and virtual viewing options: https://www.neonmovies.com/.
- Picture Perfect Paint Parties, 123 N. Ludlow St., 937-265-0691: For Firts Friday, all Take Home Paint Party Kits are buy one get one 1/2 off. pictureperfectpaintparties.com
- Wiley’s Comedy Club, 101 Pine St.: Presenting Greg Hahn, a favorite on the nationally syndicated Bob and Tom Radio Show. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, tickets are ONLY available online or by calling (937)224-JOKE. We are not currently selling tickets at the door. Find more information on the website here.
Dining and Drinks
- Local Cantina, 501 E. First St: For First Friday specials you’ll find $5 Mustache Ride Margaritas and $3 Draft pints from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $3.33 wine pairings with any entree.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Half-off Happy Hour!
- Toxic Brew Company, 431 E. Fifth St., 937-985-3618 :$2 off any canned beer from our guest breweries.
- Winans Chocolates and Coffee, 221 N. Patterson Blvd: Enjoy a First Friday at Winans with a special offer of $15 wine flights and a free piece of chocolate with the purchase of a latte (enjoy inside or on our patio). Open until 9:30 p.m. 937-732-1001.
- Lily’s Dayton, 329 E. Fifth St., 937-723-7637: For dine in, heated patio dining, delivery with 937Delivers or carryout – join us this First Friday for the last weekend of our Oyster Fest. Featuring a menu of raw and cooked oyster specials, find the menu on our Facebook page here. Regular menu will also be available.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Stop in for some of the best pizza in Dayton. Happy hour specials, with all to-go beer at $3 and Bring your Own growler for a fill for $6. Dine in, carryout and curbside pickup available. Find our menu on our website here.
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: We’re kicking off International Pisco Sour Day (which is on Saturday, Feb. 6) with First Friday Pisco Sour specials! Available for dine in or carryout.
- Grace Lane Boutique, 133 E. Fourth St., 937-903-2729: Wine, Shoes, Shopping and Friends. Bring in a donation of any amount for Shoes for the Shoeless and receive 30% off the already reduced shoe sale. Local artist, Amy Gantt, will have her beautiful works of art on display throughout the store. Plus, enjoy Scout & Cellar’s clean crafted wine and get one bottle free with a bottle purchased. Bring a friend and enjoy an evening of fun.
- Luna Gifts and Botanicals, 261 Wayne Ave., 937-522-0240: Receive double stamps on loyalty stamp cards with any purchase.
Share this Post