The aluminum exterior paneling that adorned a historic downtown building since the 1970s has been removed as part of restoration and redevelopment of the building within the Fire Blocks District of downtown Dayton. The original brick exterior of 52 S. Jefferson St., which dates back to the year 1915, is now exposed and Columbus-based developer The Windsor Companies, which owns the property, plans to keep the brickwork intact as part of this redevelopment. The project plans to transform the building into a mixed-use facility with apartments on the upper floors and first-floor commercial space, according to an article from the Dayton Business Journal. The Price Stores building is one of several properties Windsor is redeveloping in the Fire Blocks District – a block of historic buildings in downtown Dayton centralized around Third and Jefferson streets, and new businesses, including the cafe Salt Block Biscuit Company, will soon be opening to the public in the district.
Share this Post