For More Information: Call (937) 224-1518 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
December 6 First Friday: Holiday Shopping Edition
December 3, 2019, DAYTON, Ohio —It’s beginning to look a lot like the holidays in downtown Dayton! Local businesses are decking their halls in anticipation of another fun and festive holiday season. This December 6 First Friday offers plenty of opportunities to “shop small” and support local businesses. With such a large variety of locally owned places to dine, shop, and engage in fun activities downtown, the perfect gifts for friends and family can be found in downtown Dayton.
In addition to the activities listed below, live entertainment will be bustling throughout downtown. Hop on the free Flyer circulator bus to get to and from First Friday destinations. To find a map with the route and pick-up locations, visit www.irideRTA.org/TheFlyer.
December’s First Friday is also the official launch of the 2019 Whimsical Windows contest. Downtown businesses go pane-to-pane to out decorate one another for the holidays. Use the Dayton.com online voting tool to help downtown small businesses win a cash prize and the title of “most festive” display. The link to the voting tool can be found at www.DaytonHolidayFestival.org. Download a copy of the map and explore the city while browsing colorful displays.
The starts of the holiday shopping season is also a reminder to continue to support small businesses and their employees who have endured a lot this past summer. The Downtown Dayton Partnership continues to remind patrons to shop, eat, dine, and be entertained by the hundreds of workers who count on guests for their livelihoods. Snap a pic and share it on social media with #FirstFriday to let small business owners know “we’re here for you, too!”
Check out the individual First Friday listings below, and remember the most up-to-date event listings can be found in the online calendar published on the Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website. Subscribing to the weekly e-vents email newsletter also keeps one up to speed. For more information about First Friday, or to find business addresses, parking, upcoming activities and more, visit the DDP website at downtowndayton.org. Invite friends and family to partake in First Friday fun! “Like” and share the First Friday Facebook page.
- Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 12 S. Ludlow St.: Visit the Edward A. Dixon Gallery the First Friday of December and discover gifts for your family, friends or that all-important gift for yourself. eGift Cards also available! Visit https://eadgallery.square.site/s/shop or purchase in-store. The gallery features many styles of visual artwork from local and international artists, as well as jewelry and other creative items. Call (937) 331-8454.
- Dutoit Gallery, 1001 E. Second St.: Dutoit Gallery invites everyone to celebrate their Annual Members Exhibition. The gallery features artists whose work spans various media, methodology, concept and subject. The exhibit opens First Friday, December 6 from 6-9pm. Call (201) 752-4353.
- The Front Street Building Co., 1001 E. Second St.: Take a stroll through Front Street on First Friday. Local artists invite you to explore their 60+ working studios and galleries on October 4. You will find painters, printmakers, jewelry artists, sculptors, glass artists, photographers, mixed media artists, potters, woodworkers, and more! Their community of artists join us from across the globe and create right in your backyard! Come experience the energy on First Friday at Front Street from 5 PM – 9 PM.
- Reza’s Downtown, 438 Wayne Ave.: Artist Arabian Jemm will be featured at Reza’s. The medium is acrylic/ glitter and the style s modernism. It is also Teacher’s Happy Hour at Reza’s! Free shots of espresso for teachers with work ID from 4-10 PM. Call (937) 813-1748.
- The Barrel House, 417 E Third St.: Join The Barrel House for their December Funky Friday! Come for the beer and food and stay for the funk that DJ Cooley will be spinning from 6-10 PM. Call (937) 222-4795.
- Blind Bob’s Bar, 430 E. Fifth St.: This First Friday, Blind Bob’s will be hosting Salvadore Ross, Starving in the Belly of the Whale, Ramey, and Amber Hargett. 21 & up happy Hour is from 4-8 PM With $1 off wells. Call (937) 938-6405.
- Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave: It is another Irish First Friday at Dublin Pub! Happy Hour is from 3-6 PM. Achill Crossing returns to the Dublin Pub. Head on over for a pint and a night of Celtic/Americana Acoustic Roots Music. Call (937) 224-7822.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St.: The Linda Prevo band will be performing at the Oregon Express this First Friday. Happy Hour 4-7 PM. includes $10 pitchers of Stella, Fat Tire, and Lagunitas IPA. Live music starts around 9 p.m. Call (937) 223-9205.
- Schuster Performing Arts Center, 1 W. Second St.: Get into the Irish Christmas Spirit this First Friday with A Celtic Tenor Christmas. The music of Ireland: the passage of ages, the ache of loss and the joy of triumph. The world-class Celtic Tenors perform holiday traditions, Irish favorites, classical arias, and popular songs that consistently bring audiences around the world to tears, to laughter, and to their feet. Tickets can be found at www.daytonperformingarts.org. Call (937)-228-7591.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St.: Miller and Other Sinners, a blues and rock band, will be live at the Trolley Stop this First Friday night starting at 9:30 p.m.! Half-price happy hour including appetizers and drinks specials from 4-7 p.m. Call (937) 461-1101.
- AUSRA Art Studio, 1001 E. 2nd St.: Calling all French speakers! Head on down to AUSRA Art Studio from 6-8 PM for a French conversation meetup. The primary objective is to improve your speaking French and to have a good time. Also for those who just want to enjoy feeling immersed in a French-speaking environment. All levels are welcome. Alors venez vous joindre à nous! Call (937) 520-0039.
- The Black Box Improv Theatre, 518 E. Third St.: Beginning at 8 p.m., Tyler and Aidan, aka “Strictly Platonic,” take a one-word suggestion and create two-person magic, creating a full one-act play full of zany characters. Don’t miss this show that has captivated audiences from Dayton to Detroit! The Show is BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle/Beer). Tickets are $15. Call (937) 369-0747.
- Dayton Chess Club, 18 W. Fifth St.: Every Friday evening (except when there are weekend tournaments), there is a USCF-rated tournament ($10 for DCC members /$20 for non-DCC members), plus a few players who opt to play casual chess. For First Friday, this will be Quick rated (G/24, 5 sec. increment). Call (937) 270-4016.
- MJ’s on Jefferson, 20 N. Jefferson St.: Foxx-Ayers Productions proudly presents Amateurlesque at 11 p.m. It is a revue and holiday benefit show for Spike, Betty, and Baby Holycow. Call (937) 223-3259.
- Mudlick Taphouse, 135 E. Second St.: Join Mudlick for their Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Come for the food and drink, stay for the festive evening. (937) 895-4066.
- Proto Build Bar, 534 E. First St.: Starting at 6 p.m., enjoy a fun-filled evening of tabletop gaming while sipping a delicious drink or coffee! There will be 25% off all board game-related 3D prints. Call (937) 222-6253.
- RiverScape MetroPark. 237 E. Monument Ave.: The Dayton holiday staple, the RiverScape MetroParks Ice Rink ice skating by the river is back open for business. Head on down to skate at RiverScape from 2:30-10 p.m. Visit https://www.metroparks.org/ice-rink/ for hours and pricing. Call (937) 274-0126.
- Urban Krag Climbing Center, 125 Clay St.: Swing by this restored church and get blown away by the 10,000 square foot indoor rock-climbing center inside! Enjoy the First Timers Friday deal and get a day pass, belay certification, shoe, and harness rental, all for $30. Take First Friday to new heights from 3 to 11 p.m. Call (937) 224-5724.
- Wiley’s Comedy Club, 101 Pine St.: This weekend, head on over to Wiley’s to enjoy the hilarious stand-up comedian Paul Spratt! 18+. Two-item minimum purchase. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are on sale now. Call (937) 224-5653.
Food and Drink
- Basil’s On Market, 312 N. Patterson Blvd.: Basil’s will be hosting Happy Hour from 3-6 p.m. Pop in to enjoy a $5 bar menu that includes bruschetta, fries, wings, artichoke dip, and tacos. They will also have $5 house wine and $5 select craft beer. Call (937) 818-4390.
- Crafted and Cured, 531 Wayne Ave.: There will be a holiday inspired beer infusion event at Crafted and Cured this First Friday. It will feature the tastes of December including peppermint, ginger, cranberry, cinnamon, and more! Or warm up with a glass of their house made mulled wine. Call (937) 623-6177.
- Crowne Plaza, 33 E. Fifth St.: The Crowne Plaza is serving Pretzels and beer cheese for $9 and crab cakes with chili mayo for $13 this First Friday. Call (937) 224-0800.
- Fifth Street Brewpub, 1600 E. Fifth St.: Stop in to wind down after work or get your night started. Enjoy $1 off beers, wine, and appetizers. Call (937) 443-0919.
- Pedal Wagon Dayton, 28 N Patterson Blvd.: The Polar Bear Express is back at 6 p.m. this First Friday! Their abominably decorated Pedal Wagons, which would be the envy of Clark Griswold, will leave you laughing all the way through this 2-hour pedal-powered winter adventure. They will take you to Dayton’s best bars and restaurants where you will enjoy seasonal specials! There is truly no better way to take in the entire Dayton holiday splendor as you pedal through the festive streets. And, don’t worry, their wagons are equipped to keep you dry and toasty if the pedaling itself isn’t enough to warm you up! Reservations required and can be made at https://pedalwagon.com. Call (937) 388-3006.
- Salar Restaurant & Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St.: Salar offers happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. at the main bar, including options for a Build-Your-Own Pisco Bar. Bar patrons can enjoy $5 house wines, $1 off draft beer, and select $5 bar bites. Call (937) 203-3999.
- Toxic Brew & Co., 451 E. Fifth St.: Toxic is hosting a Drink Special: 50% off Toxic’s winter seasonal cocktail: Hot Dickens (hot apple cider, mulling spices, and Sailor Jerry rum) for $4. Call (937) 985-3618.
- Agnes and Orson, 514 E. Third St.: Head on down to Agnes and Orson to play a round of Holiday Wheel of Fortune, to munch on festive snacks, or check out their cute shop. Call (937) 640-1500.
- Clash Dayton, 521 E. Fifth St.: They will have their annual free photos for customers in their shop on 5th Street. This year, they have an internationally known artist, Robert Walker that will be airbrushing a local model into Krampus for their photos that will be taken by Gem City Pinup Photography.
- CODE Credit Union, 355 W. Monument Ave.: Don’t know what to get that “impossible to shop for” person in the family? CODE is offering visa gift cards with no fee at their downtown Dayton office. They will also have a Christmas Club Special where they will match the opening deposit up to $50. Call (937) 222-8971.
- The Contemporary Dayton, 118 N. Jefferson St.: There will be a Holiday Gift Gallery from 8-10 p.m. at the Contemporary Dayton. This annual show transforms the downtown gallery into an all-art, all-original, all-local, fine art and fine craft gift gallery where guests can shop their gift list from hundreds of unique items created by 60+ Miami Valley artists. Prices vary and there are items available for every budget. Call (937) 224-3822.
- Dayton Dragons – Dragons Den Team Store, 220 N. Patterson Blvd.: Got a Dragons fan in the family? The Dragons Den is having a 20% off everything sale (some exclusions apply) form 12-7 p.m. Call (937) 228-2287.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: Join DSA for their small works show: “Small but Mighty” where all artwork is 12”x12” or smaller. This artwork by regional artists will be on sale from 12-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. Call (937) 228-4532.
- Grace Lane Boutique, 133 E. Fourth St.: Grace Lane Boutique will be hosting a Sip ’n’ Shop. Grab a drink at their hot cocoa bar while you check out their latest in ethical winter fashion. Call (937) 903-2729.
- Heart Mercantile, 438 E. 5th St.: Heart Mercantile is selling $20 Tees in select styles. Call (937) 250-6020.
- Now and Zen DIY Studio, 37 S. St. Clair St.: This First Friday, Now and Zen is hosting a Sip and Create: As seen on Pinterest event! Stop by between 5-8 PM and create a fun Air Plant Wreath! Feel free to create a terrarium at their terrarium bar as well! Call (937) 287-1733.
- Space Three, 39 S. St. Clair St.: Space Three is a brand new boutique fitness studio in downtown Dayton! This First Friday, they are hosting a “Sweat and Shop”. There will be fun workout classes for you to participate in as well as a popup shop with local vendors. And, they also have a Kids’ Space for your little ones. Call (937) 604-0231.
- Yellow Cab Tavern, 700E Fourth St.: It’s that time of year again! Handmade Holiday is back for 2019 on December 6th at 5 PM! As always, there will be plenty of vendors, food trucks, cocktails and more! Call (937) 424-3870.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map and much more.
Share this Post