For More Information: Email Marketing Manager, Allison Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 29 2020, DAYTON, Ohio — Get out and explore in downtown Dayton for First Friday with the shopping, dining and drinks, and creative local arts scene at the independent, small businesses of downtown Dayton. Save the date for April’s First Friday on Friday, April 2, beginning at 5 p.m. Details are listed below and can be found on the First Friday Facebook page event here.
As a reminder to the community: The State of Ohio has lifted the curfew on local businesses, but the health and safety of staff and patrons continues to be the top priority for downtown business owners, managers and workers. With the current state of the virus in our community, businesses continue to follow socially-distanced protocols and expand their “from afar” options that include delivery and takeout.
We remind guests of the mandatory mask order in place across Dayton and the state. Masks must be worn indoors, and outdoors when the suggested 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. Businesses also have capacity limits on the number of guests allowed indoors at one time.
For an entire listing of ways you can support the local, small businesses that make up the heart of downtown Dayton, including downtown Dayton dining options — with expanded patio and indoor social-distanced seating — retail hours and operations, and things to do in downtown Dayton, visit the DDP’s OPEN* webpage at www.downtowndayton.org/open.
Art, Dance, Music and Film
- Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N.: Back OPEN! Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, kick off your First Friday with a trip to the Dayton Art Institute. The Dayton Art Institute is open with limited hours of 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, noon-5 p.m. on Sundays. Find info about visitor health policies on the DAI website.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St Dayton, OH 45403: The Dayton Society of Artists is pleased to invite you to the opening of the Spring Juried Show; Unite. Click here to book an Appointment to see the latest DSA Gallery Exhibition or by calling 937-228-4532.
- Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822: Live music at the Dublin Pub! Stop by for a pint and listen to live music for Happy Hour from 3-6pm with a special performance from Paul Cullen playing an acoustic set from 8pm to 11pm,no cover. Social distanced seating inside and on the extended patio.
- Edward A. Dixon Gallery, lobby of 131 N. Ludlow St.: In their new location within the lobby of the Talbott Tower at 131 N. Ludlow St., find a collection of curated art curated by gallerist Edward A. Dixon. The gallery will be open on First Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Call the gallery at (937) 985-2115 or shop the gallery online at: http://shop.eadgallery.com/
- First Friday at Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Spend an inspiring evening with us at 1st Friday, April 2, 2021. Live music, tasty treats and many open studios and galleries that allow you a one of a kind look behind the scenes. There will be woodshops, sew shops, glass, ceramic, and painter’s studios open to the public, along with exhibitions and live demonstrations.! Art hops at Front Street are always free to attend and conveniently located in Dayton just off St. Route 35. Free, lit, onsite parking is available in surrounding lots. Please wear a face covering and practice social distancing during your visit.
- The Neon movie theater, 130 E. Fifth St.: Click here for the latest offerings from downtown Dayton’s independent, art theater, featuring in-person and virtual viewing options: https://www.neonmovies.com/.
- Picture Perfect Paint Parties, 123 N. Ludlow St., 937-265-0691: For First Friday, register for a Friday Night Live Paint – Pre – Registration Required $31.99 happening April 2 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. OR grab a Take Home Wine Tasting Kit – comes with 4 three ounce wine containers, which is a little over 2 full glasses of wine with cheese, crackers and a slice of chocolate, a sure treat. Choices are “The Sweet Side-Our Sweet Wines” and/or “Roses are Red- Our Red Wine Selections” Find registration and kit information on pictureperfectpaintparties.com
- Wiley’s Comedy Club, 101 Pine St.: 8 p.m. comedy show: Presenting Wendi Ferguson – she’s short in stature and big on laughs! One of the most sought after comics in Ohio. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, tickets are ONLY available online or by calling (937)224-JOKE. We are not currently selling tickets at the door. Find more information on the website here.
Dining and Drinks
- Local Cantina, 501 E. First St: For First Friday specials you’ll find $5 Mustache Ride Margaritas and $3 Draft pints from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $3.33 wine pairings with any entree.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Half-off Happy Hour!
- Winans Chocolates and Coffee, 221 N. Patterson Blvd: Enjoy a First Friday at Winans with a special offer of $15 wine flights and a free piece of chocolate with the purchase of a latte (enjoy inside or on our patio). Open until 9:30 p.m. 937-732-1001.
- Lily’s Dayton, 329 E. Fifth St., 937-723-7637: For social-distanced dine in, delivery with 937Delivers or carryout – join us for local food and hand-crafted tiki or traditional cocktails.
- Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St., (937) 895-4066: Join us to kick of First Friday for Happiness Hours, from 4-6 p.m. with $2 off glasses of wine, a $6 cocktail feature, $2 off draft beers and ½ off of shareables.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Stop in for some of the best pizza in Dayton. Happy hour specials, with all to-go beer at $3 and Bring your Own growler for a fill for $6. Dine in, carryout and curbside pickup available. Find our menu on our website here.
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: Kick off your First Friday with happy hour at Salar from 4-6 p.m. with cocktail specials, $5 house wine pours, $1 off of all beers, and bar bites specials. Enjoy dinner, too, available for dine in or carryout.
- Salt Block Biscuit Company, 115 E. Third St.: Enjoy Salt Block’s new dinner service from 5pm-8pm. Chef Justin Mohler will prepare 2-3 dinner specials, and also offer the Tinned European/American Seafoods Planks and of course tons of Sweet and savory bakery offerings for your evening meal.
- Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave.: Every Friday at the Troll Pub is part of W.T.F Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 4-7 p.m. featuring 1/2 Priced Pints & 1/2 priced apps, $4 Fireball Shots & $4 Wheatly Vodka specials. Troll Pub’s special menu for the Lenten season also includes Fish n’Chips and Pub Crab cakes or a Krabby Patty sandwich.
Shopping and Activities
- Grace Lane Boutique, 133 E. Fourth St., 937-903-2729: Shop Grace Lane Boutique for ethically sourced and sustainable clothing, gifts and more. Open extended evening hours for First Friday.
- Luna Gifts and Botanicals, 261 Wayne Ave., 937-522-0240: Receive double stamps on loyalty stamp cards with any purchase.
- Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St., 937-813-2144: Stop by Vidia’s Closet on First Friday to shop fashion-forward trends for all.
Share this Post