Entertainment and dining and nightlife... oh my!
Downtown Dayton is filled with "Oz-some" things to see and do - If you're planning to see Wicked at the Schuster Center, be sure to take advantage of all the city has to offer!
Downtown is getting into the Wicked spirit and transforming itself into the Emerald City. Many downtown businesses are planning special deals, promotions, themed menus and drinks, and other ways to celebrate the Broadway smash, and this Web page is your one-stop resource for planning your evening out. New deals and info may be added, so follow your yellow brick browser back here periodically for more Wicked Deals! (Deals are good through June 24, 2012)
Dining and Nightlife
If you're off to see the musical, you're probably looking for a place to eat or grab a post-show drink. Check out how some of downtown's restaurants, bars and clubs are celebrating Wicked, and save some money with their special offers.
You also can find a complete listing of downtown dining and nightlife options, maps and more on this website.
- Blind Bob's - 430 E. Fifth St., (937) 938-6405
Receive 10 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket and enjoy a special Wicked-themed appetizer.
- Boston Stoker - 34 W. Second St., (937) 223-1224
Try special Wicked-themed desserts and coffee drinks.
- Boulevard Haus - 329 E. Fifth St., (937) 824-2722
Get 10 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
- Citilites - 109 N. Main St., Schuster Center Wintergarden, (937) 222-0623
Enjoy wickedly refreshing Melon Mojitos and chef specials, including tempura fried soft shell crabs with Glinda's roasted green tomato buerre blanc.
- Coco's Bistro - 515 Wayne Ave., (937) 228-2626
Featuring $5 Wicked-themed cocktails and appetizers, along with 15 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Rooftop Restaurant - 33 E. Fifth St., (937) 224-0800
Featuring half-price light meals, snacks and desserts nightly starting at 10 p.m. Bar service continues through midnight on weekdays and until 2:30 a.m. on weekends. The restaurant also will premiere two Wicked-themed cocktails: the "Good Witch" and the "Bad Witch."
- Dayton Racquet Club - 40 N. Main St., 29th floor, (937) 224-4381
A three-course dinner will be offered starting at 5:30 p.m. for $35 per person plus tax and gratuity. Wicked ticket holders who are not members of the Dayton Racquet Club will be extended a "Member for a Day" pass. The club is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday and is closed on Sunday and Monday. Reservations are required.
- De'Lish - 139 N. Main St., (937) 461-2233
Featuring three specialty themed drinks (the Oz-Mopolitan, Wicked Tea and Emerald City Martini), along with themed menu items, no cover for Friday and Saturday night entertainment and 10 percent off food, including the Sunday brunch buffet, when you present your Wicked ticket.
- The Dublin Pub - 300 Wayne Ave., (937) 224-7822
Try a spooky Wicked martini made with Absolut lemon vodka, Midori melon liqueur, lemonade and a cube of dry ice. Additionally, enjoy 20 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
- Jay’s Seafood Restaurant - 225 E. Sixth St., (937) 222-2892
Offering 10 percent off all food.
- Lucky's Taproom & Eatery - 520 E. Fifth St., (937) 222-6800
Get 10 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket for the same day's performance.
- Olive, an urban dive - 416 E. Third St., (937) 222-3483
Featuring extended hours throughout the month of June. Open 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Also open for brunch Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; weekdays for lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sa-Bai - 200 S. Jefferson St., (937) 535-2900
Enjoy a special Wicked-themed cocktail for $4.95 and 20 percent off food.
- SideBar - 410 E. Fifth St., (937) 723-9415
Offering 15 percent off food.
- Thai 9 - 11 Brown St., (937) 222-3227
Get 15 percent off food when you present your Wicked ticket.
- Uno Chicago Grill - 126 N. Main St., (937) 910-8000
Featuring two special Wicked-themed drinks for $4.99 each, in addition to a special menu for Wicked patrons.
It's not all about wicked appetites and thirsts! Visit these other downtown businesses and take advantage of their Wicked Deals, too.
- Basho Apparel - 521 E. Fifth St., (937) 767-9006
Get 20 percent off one item per day when you show your Wicked ticket.
- Beaute Box - 116 W. Fifth St., (937) 903-3165
Offering 25 percent off any service.
- Dayton Art Institute - 456 Belmonte Park North, (937) 223-5277
Enjoy $9 admission to one of three special exhibits when you present a Wicked ticket: "Changing Landscapes: Contemporary Fiber Art," or "Maya Lin: Flow," on display through June 17, or "Stephen Knapp: Light Paintings," from Oct. 6 through Jan. 6, 2013. The DAI also will display its own wicked witch for a limited period of time. Stay tuned to www.daytonartinstitute.org for details and dates.
- Human Race Theatre Company - 138 N. Main St., (937) 228-3630
Present a Wicked ticket for 20 percent off adult tickets to the new musical Band Geeks! at the Loft Theatre, May 31 through June 17. Purchase tickets at the Schuster Center box office or order online at www.ticketcenterstage.com and use the special price code "geeks" at checkout. Limit four tickets per order.
- Jimmy Modern - 605 E. Fifth St., (937) 520-3782
Take 10 percent off your purchase with a Wicked ticket.
- My Father's House Childcare and Learning Center - 35 S. Jefferson St., (937) 297-0477
Offering drop-off childcare during Wicked performances, with discounts available to parents who enroll in a weekly childcare program. Drop off will begin at 6:15 p.m. and end at 11:15 p.m., with registration from 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Services available from May 30 to June 2, June 5 to 8, June 12 to 15 and June 19 to 23.
- Peace on Fifth - 519 E. Fifth St., (937) 367-7215
Get 10 percent off your purchase when you present your Wicked ticket, day of the performance only. Peace on Fifth Facebook fans will receive 15 percent off their purchase when they present a Wicked ticket the day of the performance, as well as up to two days afterward.
If I only had a brain, a heart and a place to park. Well, we can help you with one of those! There are plenty of good places to park downtown, whether you want to be near the Schuster Center, near your dinner location or near both. For complete information on parking downtown, including the latest listings of parking garages and lots with rates, payment info and more, visit the EasyPark section of this Web site. Parking areas close to the Schuster Center include:
- The Arts Garage - 107 N. Ludlow - (937) 222-4171
- 110 N. Main St. - (937) 222-4171
- 125 N. Main St. - (937) 222-4171
- 26 E. First St. (937) 222-4171
- 124 W. First St. - (937) 222-4171
- City Hall Garage - 123 W. Third St. - (937) 222-4171
- Kettering Tower Garage - 51 N. Jefferson - (937) 461-2916
- Leigh Garage - 25 N. Ludlow St. - (937) 262-7840
- Main Street Garage - Main St. and Monument Ave. - (937) 222-4171
- 37 E. Third St. - (937) 461-2916
Remember to remove valuables from your car or place them in your trunk, and lock your car before leaving the parking lot/garage.
Other Downtown Events
There's no place like downtown ... There's no place like downtown ... And, of course, you don't have to be seeing Wicked to experience it! There's a whole lineup of other downtown events for you to enjoy on your next trip to the center city, and you can find them all on this website. Vist our Calendar of Events page for the most comprehensive listing of things to see and do downtown.
Tickets still are available for Wicked, the "untold story of the witches of Oz." To purchase tickets and for more information on the show, visit the Victoria Theatre Association's website.